Hand Stretching

I know that a lot of guitarist don't do these exercises but I found it beneficial before playing. I think every guitarist should do these before practice or playing to prevent their hands from any injuries or stress and to make their hands more flexible. I know several guitarists who got their hands injured after months of strenuous practice. I experienced it myself. I almost got my left pinky crippled due to excessive practice without stretching. I have to stop playing for 6 months because my pinky hurts badly when doing chords or exercises. Just imagine you are jogging or swimming without doing warm-ups and stretching exercises. Your muscles will soon tremble and become stiff.

Benefits of Stretching:
  • It improves muscle balance around the joint, thus improving posture.
  • It reduces the chance of injury while playing or practicing.
  • It increases blood and nutrients supply to the muscles and cartilage, thereby also reducing muscle soreness after practice.
Here is a very good example of stretching. I hope this one can help you improve your guitar playing.

Video By guitarlessons365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...